Saturday, April 16, 2005

Discovery Country Suites

Cheryl invited me to a "picnic" at Discovery Country Suites in Tagaytay. It's actually an inn. There are just 7 or so rooms so it's pretty cozy and has a nice view of the Taal Ridge. A nice nice white house actually partially blocks the view of Taal volcano...

It's a perfect setting for a garden wedding or a wedding reception for 50 guests... Hmmm... The Colombian-born chef was quite cute and cooks heavenly. Sigh...

Ok, back to reality folks he he. Since it was a picnic, they handed us picnic hats which was quite of a novelty for me because I don't normally wear hats (baseball, fireman, policeman, etc).

Eating at the garden was a nice experience. I would have wanted to sprawl on the picnic blankets but you can't sprawl elegantly so the blanket was out. We just sat at the tables and tried to shoo the flies away. One thing about dining al fresco in the Philippines is you have to fight off bugs from your food. Plus, the hotel was right next to a pineapple plantation and it is summer after all. After a few minutes, I got used to the flies and tried not to stop them from getting a piece of my lunch.

Of course since we were in Tagaytay, we wanted to take pictures of Taal, but sadly, the nice white house successfully hid it from view. So we took pictures of ourselves! He he..


Cheryl and I trying to fit into the shot :)


Cheryl posing at the door of the Discovery Country Suites. Posted by Hello


Me and my picnic hat. Posted by Hello


picnic bouquet Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home