Sunday, August 28, 2005

Movie: Must Love Dogs




















Movie: Must Love Dogs (2005 Warner Bros)
Diane Lane, John Cusack, Christopher Plummer, Stockard Channing, Elizabeth Perkins, Dermot Mulroney

This movie was adapted from the Claire Cook book "Must Love Dogs" so it's a chick flick. Basically, it's a story about moving on and gambling on love again. There were many unforgettable moments in the movie (such as the "lancer scenes", watch the movie and you will get me hehe.. the scene where Diane's character Sarah actually answered her own dad's dating ad! and the scene where Sarah gets a visit from a happy gay couple -- i love gay couples they are soo... happy hehe...) . I also love the fact that Sarah comes from a large family kind of like many Pinoy families na maraming nangingialam, but in a good way of course.

It's been reported that John Cusack had a free hand in altering his lines. Well, he can SAY ANYTHING and I will believe him!

What I don't like: The Partridge theme scene. Nothing can duplicate the Say A Little Prayer scene in My Best Friend's Wedding.














“I answered my own father’s personal ad. That’s not dating. That’s sick.”

















Just as Sarah loves Mother Teresa, her brother's dog, I also love my doggie Evita :)


















I totally can relate to this scene! Alone yet not lonely and cold. On the downside, you get fleas and lots of dog hair. But that is a small price to pay :)



PS. Ems and I watched this movie and a gay couple was actually seated at my left. They were ever so sweet and good-looking ha... I just love gay couples, they're like my ideal kind of coupling :)

Note to self: check out Dr. Zhivago... and the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home