Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Sixth Man

Is it the Blue Babble? Is the crowd? Is it some higher force? Don't really know.

Kahit talunan na yung team, I still believe. And when the hymn is sung with clenched fists, I affirm.

I overheard someone hypothesize that the reason why Ateneans are SO unbelievably loyal (to the team, to the school, to the ideal, whatever!) is the fact that laging talunan yung team. I mean, lookie here, sabi nya "mabibilang mo lang ang years that the Ateneo had strong teams (especially in basketball)."

I never really believed that loyalty crap thingie when I was still in high school. But when you're actually inside the stadium/field, shouting yourself hoarse and getting your ego bruised (a lot!), the feeling is indescribable.

"I don't understand you, Ateneans," sabi ng non-Atenean friend ko. I guess you can only understand how that feels when you've been there and you've done that. When I said that, he said he understood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home