Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Prayer for Generosity

I have added prayer into my life now. I'm not saying I'm all good and holy -- goodness knows I have had my share of schizophrenic moods. Let's just say I am more comfortable with my world, that I am content with toiling, giving and fighting without counting the cost but knowing that somewhere, the Supreme Being is happy that I am doing what I came here to do. And perhaps He is preparing to reward me with the most creamy, chocolatey, non-fattening double dutch bed for eternity he he. I may be more introspective now, but I'm not boring!

Prayer for Generosity
St. Ignatius of Loyola

Dearest Lord,
teach me to be generous:
teach me to serve you as you deserve:
to give, and not to count the cost,
to fight, and not to heed the wounds,
to toil, and not to seek for rest,
to labor, and not to ask for reward,
except that of knowing
that I do your holy will.
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home